12.08.2009

No. 287: STOP EATING CRACKERS WE'RE GOING TO EAT IN HALF AN HOUR

Part Woody Allen standup routine, part Dr. Seuss Max Fleischer Rootabaga Stories fantasy, part unbridled offensive sexual perversion, Dane Martin's SALT MINES continues to be serialized HERE. I changed the size of the pages so that you can actually read them without clicking. Hopefully it works. The posting of issue #2 will begin any day now.

And I finish this post with an amazing piece of Carl Barks imagery that anyone finding themselves drawing comics can't help but find beautiful, I would think. Each comics-producing activity, cutting paper, "roughing drawing," ruling borders, lettering balloons, inking characters, etc., is recorded down to the minute. This is the sort of thing I'm really glad exists. I should paste this onto my drawing table.



(The Barks image was swiped from this blog.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home